Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bachelorette Pizza

Disclaimer: Not a particularly sexy pizza. Just a good pizza idea for the single lady. Or bro.

Trader Joe's makes these medium Margarita Pizzas. They're from Italy (!) and cost like $4. I keep a stack in my freezer for emergencies.

About the same price as a pizza crust, they have very little on them; a tiny splash of sauce and some cheese slices. That's ideal for creating your own low-maintenance meal quickly.

Chop or rip:
sweet basil
spicy basil
past-its-prime spinach
anaheim peppers
cherry tomatoes
red bell pepper

Put those on the frozen pizza and cook that sucker for 7 minutes, right on the rack. I wanted to put cheese on it but my cheese went bad, and I found out it's actually great just like this.

The awesomeness comes from Thai Town. Next to Sanamalang, our favorite cash-only Thai place (on Hollywood just west of Normandy), I often stop into the Bangluck Market to get cash. Last time I bought a bag each of fresh "sweet basil" and "spicy basil", about $1 each. Sadly I don't know anything about these plants or where else to find them, so if anyone does, please advise.

So yeah. Keep some frozen pizzas around, and you can toss any veggies you have lying around on it. It's especially good for veggies that are a little gamey so you don't want them fresh.

Good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

No comments: